See, I stole the award from Movies, Silently – or, well, the award button, actually, because the author of that blog was so kind to award me with the Versatile Blogger Award, and I liked the logo he designed way better than the other ones. 🙂
I should say, I am not a big reader of blogs outside the blogosphere, but Movies, Silently is one the few ones that I frequently check. I am a lover of Expressionist poetry, and that topic goes really hand in hand with early film making.
Speaking of which, we will take a very close look at Shackleton, and his voyage on the Endurance in the upcoming weeks – and at the amazing movie material that came of it. So, Movies, Silently might well be a source I quote in this context; it’s the best blog on the topic I know, plain and simple.
By the way, again I hope you, my dear readers don’t think I am losing focus: My big, chapter-by-chapter review of The Road to Xanadu will start over the upcoming weeks, as promised. It’s just that I modify my progress here, as the progress of my personal research goes on – whatever topic I stumble upon that I need to elaborate, echoes here. 🙂
— But back to the Versatile Blogger Award, and all matters related.
- Thank the person who nominated you. Done. 🙂
- Include a link to their blog. Done. 🙂
- Select 15 new blog/bloggers you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those bloggers for a Versatile Blogger Award, leave a link to their page and a comment on their latest post to let them know they’ve been nominated.
- Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
- I am actually a life-long fan of Star Wars, referring to some of my best pals as “Luke” Skywalker”, and “Chewbacca”, and to myself as Han Solo.
- …I have that in mind because I just bought a new RD-D2 cookie jar.
- “Jin Roh”, “Eastern Promises”, and, brace yourself, “Robin Hood – Prince of Thieves”, as well as Robert Taylor’s “Ivanhoe” are my favorite movies of all time.
- In my night desk I find condoms, a flashlight, gum, and the poems of Hart Crane.
- The strongest I have ever identified with a person on TV was with the undercover agent in the Asian Noir movie Infernal Affairs.
- I enjoy watching cage fights, and, since forever, my favorite fighters to watch have been Wanderlei Silva, and the long-retired Genki Sudo. My eyes sweat when Wandy KO’ed Stann earlier this spring.
- My flat is full of goddamn elephant posters, statues, and furniture. Yes, the animal with the trunk. Why, I don’t really know. Freudian reflex much?
TO BE CONTINUED.